Yesterday was my first birthday as a college graduate. Wow, I made it 22 years. Since I am living in a new place and living and working with people that I am only familiar with I was worried if it would be much of anything, but it turned out perfect...just the kind of birthday I would hope for. Another girl I work with had her 21st birthday on June 23rd, the day before mine, so we had been planning to celebrate together. We went to Zorbaz, a Minnesota pizza eatery (one of my favorites...yum) and ate nachos, had some "adult beverages,"and ate yummy oreo cake that Emy's mom bought for us. It was a lot of fun. I had to work on my birthday, which was a normal workday filled with its normal stresses and small moments of peace while picking peas in the morning hours. After work my new friends wanted to celebrate my birthday, which I was surprised by because I thought that the night before was the birthday celebration, but at my request we went to Dunn Brothers and drank coffee and played games and hung out. It was perfect, since coffeeshops are one of my favorite places to hang out. Also, on the way to Dunn Brothers we saw a rainbow in the sky, which I deemed my "birthday rainbow" and the sunset was beautiful, a gift from God for my birthday. I also was able to talk with friends and family from different parts of the country and received many birthday wishes on facebook.
My Birthday sunset!
My Birthday Rainbow!
I am now one year older, and possibly one year wiser (we shall see), and am forever gracious to the Lord for his work in my life and to my parents, who gave me life and I wouldn't be here if it wasn't for them.
No comments:
Post a Comment