This week for the first time ever I made dill pickles from our pickling cucumbers. I am still waiting for them to ferment. I tried one on Friday(only 4 days after they were prepared) and they only tasted like salty cucumbers. It will take 1 to 4 weeks for them to be completely fermented.
The other thing that I made this week was mozarella cheese and then ricotta cheese from the non-pastuerized milk that we get weekly from the neighbor that's a dairy farmer. It was so cool to watch the curds move away from the whey. The next day we put the cheese on our homemade pizza, which was delicious.
Oh, and I almost forgot that a couple of weeks ago I found popcorn in the garage and I have been making popcorn directly taken from the ear on the stove. I know, it sounds ancient, but it's way better than microwave popcorn!
No comments:
Post a Comment