Wednesday, June 23, 2010
Twenty three years
This summer I turned Twenty three years old. I have always thought of birthdays as welcoming another year of life, but this year I am especially thankful for being granted the past year and all 23 years of life that has been given to me. It is a gift that I have been given that I don't deserve. Life is precious and it is a joy. It is also frightening. You never know what might happen or when the Lord will decide that your time on this earth is finished. Human beings have tried to make themselves infinite with the creation of medicine. We try to extend the life that has been given to us, but regardless of how many years we will try and live, we are really finite beings that will soon be gone from this earth. I am so thankful for everyday that I am allowed to live. I welcome it with joy and thankfulness.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
more blogging, more blogging!
Post a Comment