Saturday, September 19, 2009

Saturday in the Cities

Today was a beautiful fall day in Minnesota. I returned home to the Twin Cities for the weekend. I needed a break from the farm and wanted to spend some time with family and friends. After a lazy morning I went to the bank, read about spiritual disciplines in a locally owned coffeeshop and then visited a friend. We drove down to the Mississippi and sat on a ledge that overlooks the river. We chatted and then went back to her house and chatted some more.

After that nice visit I returned home to spend the evening with my parents. My mom and I made a Kohlrabi, Apple, and Turnip coleslaw with vegetables that I brought home with me from the farm and we all ate steak, corn, beans, and coleslaw together.

I retreated to the basement to watch the culturally destructive television and watched a lifetime movie about Georgia O'keeffe. What an incredible woman. I was wonderfully interrupted by a phone call from my dear friend Karen, who I went to Gordon with. It was lovely.

I am excited for tomorrow when I will share the morning with my grandparents by going to church and out to eat afterwards. What great stories I look forward to hearing from them about farming and threshing!

No comments: