I am living intentionally in the impoverished and diverse neighborhood of Binghampton and completing an internship with Christ Community Ministries Refugee Resettlement. I walk through the process of resettling with refugees from Somalia, Iraq, (currently) and around the globe. I spend time meeting the physical and spiritual needs of the strangers to this country. Every day I am reminded that I am fulfilling the call to welcome the stranger and the foreigner to the USAmerica.
I also participate in weekly reading groups with the other interns that are a part of the program. We read books on faith, missions, urban ministry, and development. We are currently finishing reading "The Holiness of God" and we will be starting "To Live in Peace." Along with reading group we are completing the course, Perspectives in World Missions.
I am daily challenged by the things that I am reading and learning from the people around me. I hope that I can be a light to the city of Memphis, the refugees, and every person that I come into contact with.
No comments:
Post a Comment